The whole world has come to a quite standstill. Instead of treating the lockdown as imposed boredom, you can use this as a ‘me’ time for your skin. Pamper your skin to make it shine and keep the skin issues at bay. Decreased physical activity slows down the body’s metabolism, which in turn makes the skin and hair dull. Make sure you do at least 20 minutes of workout daily to improve the circulation of antioxidants in your body. Make fresh and light food for every day, add more citrus fruits to your diet at they will boost body’s immunity, drink lots of water, and eat as much fruits and salads as you can. Watch your skin and body glow as you maintain the healthy diet. You can add some detox drinks like the cucumber and mint water to your routine for a better skin tone.
Dr. Rinky Kapoor, Consultant Dermatologist, Cosmetic Dermatologist & Dermato-Surgeon, the Esthetic Clinics, will tell you how to take care of your skin during Lockdown.
Here are some handy face packs and exfoliators that you can make yourself:
- Wash and grind a medium size cucumber, tomato, and potato. Put the mix into an ice tray and freeze. Apply a portion on your face as you get up in the morning and let it dry and then wash it. This ice pack will make your skin glow and remove the tan too
- Exfoliate your skin at least twice a day. If you have dry skin then exfoliate once a day. Make your own exfoliation pack by mixing half teaspoon of semolina with one teaspoon of gram flour and one pinch of turmeric. Keep in an airtight container. You can use this pack on the entire body before taking a bath. If you have oily skin add rose water to this mix, for normal skin use curd and for dry skin use mustard oil. This will remove the dead skin but also improve the circulation, thus keeping the skin healthy.
- Make a face mask of ½ cup of buttermilk and mix with two tablespoon of yogurt. Apply on face and leave it on for couple of hours, wash with warm water and moisturize as usual for clear and bright skin.
- To instantly add glow to the skin make a mask of 3 tablespoon of orange juice with ¼ cup of honey. Rub the mixture gently on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water.
- To take care of dry skin mix 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of yogurt. This mix will heal and calm the inflammation and prevent sun damage.
- For a skin prone to breakouts and rashes, combine 1 tablespoon of besan, with ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder, and ½ teaspoon of neem powder. Mix with milk to make a face pack and apply on the face in light circular motions to exfoliate gently. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash and moisturize normally. This face back will clear the skin, bring back the glow, and reduce acne.
- Make a cooling spray by mixing rosewater, with aloe vera, cucumber and lemon juice. Store in your refrigerator and spray on your face after washing your face and then moisturize.
Make sure you follow the cleansing-toning and moisturizing routine every day and avoid touch your face with naked hands.
Article Source – https://www.welthi.com/how-to-shine-your-skin-during-lockdown/