We are all extremely conscious about our appearance. We always want to make sure we look our best and make the best possible impression on whomever we meet. People are going great lengths to look all the time. In the last few decades sales of skin products particularly anti-ageing products have risen hugely. People want to maintain their good looks all the time and for as long as they possibly can.
But sadly many people do not feel very happy and satisfied with how they look. Though cosmetics and beauty products are great for maintaining the looks they cannot bring about any change in the structure or position of features of the face. But modern medicine has made it possible for the people to change the way they look to a very large extent. Cosmetic surgery has reached new realms now and is much safer than ever before. Cosmetologists and dermatologist can now perform various procedures for men and women alike in cosmetic surgery hospitals in India.
Cosmetic surgery is one way to tackle any perceived imperfections in our faces or bodies. Cosmetic surgery procedure can be divided broadly into two categories; surgical cosmetic procedures and non- surgical cosmetic procedures. Most cosmetic surgery hospitals in Mumbai carry out almost all procedures. A wide variety of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures can be availed at all cosmetic surgery hospital in India. Some of the cosmetic surgical procedures provided by a reputed cosmetic surgery hospital in India are:
- Abdominoplasty – Abdominoplasty or tummy-tuck surgery is for surgical reduction of excessive skin and fat in the abdomen.
- Blepharoplasty – Blepharoplasty involves surgical reconstruction of the eyelid in order to enhance its appearance and correct deformities such as drooping or asymmetry.
- Lip enhancement – Surgical augmentation and reshaping of the lips to make them appear fuller or define their shape can be carried out.
- Orthognathic surgery – Orthognathic surgery is the surgery of the lower face and jaw in order to correct issues of symmetry or reshaping the chin.
- Liposuction – Liposuction is the surgical removal of fat from areas like the belly, thighs and arms using a traditional suction technique or ultrasonic aid.
- Enlarged male breast surgery: – this procedure can remove the excess tissues on the chest of a male. The condition where a male develops enhanced breasts is known as gynaecomastia.
- Breast lift surgery: – the cosmetologists can perform this surgery in women who want shapelier breast. Breast sagging can occur due to age and certain diseases. Sometimes breast removal has to be done in patients of breast cancer, in such cases, breast reconstruction can be carried out.
- Otoplasty surgery: – for many people, their shape or position of the ears may be an obstacle in their good looks. Sometimes, people feel either the shape of their ears is not proper or their ears stick out from their head. Otoplasty can correct the shape of the ears as well make changes in the positioning of the ears so that they do not stick out from the head.
In addition to some of the surgically invasive cosmetic procedures stated above, there are some non- surgical cosmetic procedures such as:-
- Scar and stretch mark corrections: – marks from acne, surgery, accident etc. can be easily removed by using Laser technology which requires few sessions to completely fade out the scars. Each session does last more than 30- 40 minutes and can instantly rejuvenate the skin.
- Fillers and Botox: – to restore the lost volume in the layers of the ageing skin and to combat fine lines and wrinkles, dermatologists and cosmetologists make use of derma fillers as well as Botox. The effect of Botox last for 3- 6 months and after 6 months the patient has to again go for a new session.
Most cosmetic surgery hospital in India also have highly specialized dermatologists and cosmetologists who can treat patients with skin-care procedures such as laser resurfacing, microdermabrasion and dermal fillers to give them the skin they have always dreamt of.
Dr. Rinky Kapoor is one of the most famous dermatologists in the country and practices in Mumbai. She has been trained in dermatology from the prestigious National Skin Centre in Singapore and has been a consultant at many cosmetic surgery hospitals in India. If you have any questions about skin treatments or problems, you can definitely consult Dr. Rinky Kapoor to obtain an expert opinion. She is currently heading one of the most cosmetic surgery hospitals in Mumbai and is the consulting dermatologist and cosmetologist at The Esthetic Clinics to many celebrities also.