Female Pattern Baldness – Diagnosis & the Best Treatments
Female Pattern Baldness – Trichology Hair Solutions
Most of us are aware of the condition called male pattern baldness, but when it comes to women, baldness is generally unheard off. Even hairloss is seen as a temporary situation and most women seek cosmetic solutions in the form of hair oils, shampoos and conditioners to address the problem. However, Feminine Pattern Hair Loss (FPHL) or Female Pattern Baldness is a very real problem and over 40% women suffer from it by the age of 50 years. But before you start figuring out trichology hair solutions for your hair loss problem, it is important to identify what FPHL is and how it is caused.
What is Female Pattern Baldness?
Extensive hair thinning or diffused thinning of hair is primarily considered a symptom of female pattern baldness. Unlike in alopecia, bald spots don’t generally emerge in FPHL. But hair thinning begins at the forehead and results in a receded hairline. Female pattern baldness is also known to worsen with advancing age.
Watch this video below on QR 678 hair growth factor injections treatment by Dr. Rinky Kapoor.
Trichology Hair SolutionsTrichology Hair Solutions
View the below video for treatment of Male pattern Baldness using QR 678 injections, by Dr. Rinky Kapoor. Though the video talks about treating male pattern baldness, the principle for treatment is the same even for treating female pattern baldness.
Male Pattern Baldness – Dr. Rinky Kapoor.Male Pattern Baldness | QR678 Hair Growth Supplement Treatment in Mumbai, India – Dr. Rinky Kapoor.
What are the causes of Female Pattern Baldness?
A good trichology hair solution depends on timely diagnosis of the condition and correct identification of the causal factor. Female pattern baldness can be caused by the following reasons –
- Genetic factors. Female pattern baldness can be inherited and runs in family.
- Hormonal imbalance and excessive production of androgens
- Poor lifestyle habits and excessive stress
- Obesity, weight gain and resultant insulin resistance
- Excessive use of hair styling products, curling or straightening irons, etc.
- Delayed pregnancy and gynaecological conditions such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Advancing age is can also cause hair thinning and pattern baldness
Treatment for Female Pattern Baldness
Female hair pattern baldness can be treated with some advanced trichology hair solutions available in the market today. While anxiety reducing medication, androgen inhibitors and lifestyle changes are the commonly recommended solutions for managing female pattern baldness, they are not always 100% effective. Stem cell injection into the scalp to enhance hair growth is also an effective female pattern baldness treatment option.
But the most revolutionary treatment for female pattern baldness available today is QR678. A QR678 molecule comprises of six different hair growth factors which when injected into the scalp, show even better results than stem cell injections. The treatment is spread across a span of 4-6 weeks, divided into 8-10 sessions. Dr. Rinky Kapoor specializes in administering QR678 treatment for treating female pattern baldness with minimal side effects and assured results at The Esthetic Clinics.
Baldness has always remained a concern for men and very few women ever have to struggle with this problem. However, with changing lifestyles, polluted environment and poor nutrition, women have also started facing baldness as a major concern. While it is normal to shed 50-100 hair strands every day for an average adult, someone suffering from early symptoms of baldness may be losing upto 250 hair strands every day. Excessive hair loss and hair thinning can be caused to a variety of reasons.
Therefore, before treatment options can be explored for the symptom that is baldness, it is important to understand the underlying reasons. These can be –
- Hormonal imbalance and excessive production of androgens, due to an associated medical conditions like PCOD or menopause.
- Delayed pregnancy can also cause hair thinning, excessive hair fall and baldness due to irregular hormone production.
- Advancing age can also cause hair thinning and pattern baldness as more and more follicles stop producing new hair
- Genetic predisposition can also be present in some women for excessive hair thinning and baldness
- Insulin resistance resulting in obesity and excessive weight gain can also induce hair fall
Best trichologists in India recommend a variety of treatments for female baldness, after completing a thorough diagnosis. Most effective treatments for female baldness include –
- QR 678: Six different growth factors are injected into the scalp to rejuvenate hair follicles and initiate hair growth. This treatment has minimal side effects and very high success rate. It is administered over a period of 4-6 weeks during 8-10 sessions. However, this treatment is only offered by the best trichologists in India, specializing in treatment of pattern baldness.
- Stem Cell injection: This treatment for baldness involves injecting stem cells into the dermal layer of affected scalp area. Stem cells rejuvenate the hair follicles and restore hair production.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is also used by trichologists to treat baldness. A combination of medicines, vitamins and growth factors are injected into the mesodermal layer of scalp, using multiple micro-needles. The active ingredient of this treatment is Acetyl tetrapeptide-3 & Biochanin A, which is three times more effective than topical medicines like Minoxidil (Rogaine) in treating baldness.
Despite the fact that many treatment options are available for treatment baldness, hair thinning and hair fall in women; only the best trichologists in India can offer customized solutions after proper diagnosis. Dr. Rinky Kapoor specializes in hair fall and baldness treatment for women and is one of the best trichologists in India.