Acne Vulgaris Treatment
What are the probable causes of Acne Vulgaris (Pimples), Acne Scars & the Best Acne Specialist Treatment.
1) Acne can be manifested in forms such as tiny bumps on the skin of the face, upper body, back, hands, legs, buttocks and the head, which may be black termed as blackheads, white bumps that are known as whiteheads, red or red colored, pus filled, or huge, firm nodules. Whenever they heal, they leave dark pigmented areas and often pit like acne scars on the skin which can badly deform the way the skin appears.
2) Most likely, children in their teens suffer from this pimple problem, though it can still show up till the late twenties and thirties. They can appear during pregnancy, out of nowhere and refuse to go thereafter. Some people may start suffering from these after they have crossed 40s. Women may start getting these around menopause.
3) Predisposing factors for acne.
Acne Vulgaris is generally associated with modifications in hormones or hormonal imbalance, which in turn impacts the skin in teenage. Heredity, maternity, polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD), some medications, hormone disturbances, increased levels of P. acnes bacteria in the skin are some of the factors responsible to cause acne. It is said that food also plays some role in causing Acne, but there is no concrete evidence for the same. If you feel any of the foods that you are consuming is increasing your pimple problem, the best way is to avoid consuming such food items.
4) It is advised that a Cosmetic Dermatologist or a Skin Specialist examines your skin and evaluates your skin type, particularly for serious and persistent pimples, to treat the underlying cause if any and avoid pigmentation and scarring.
5) Your skin doctor may prescribe creams, pills or face washes as a part of treatment. Scars and skin pigmentation need to be treated with Microdermabrasion, Chemical peels, Dermarollers etc. based on the severity of the condition, using the Fractional Laser technology which being the latest, is available at some of the centres.
6) Microdermabrasion which is also known as skin polishing, is great for extremely moderate pimple scars and can be done with diamond crystals or powder crystals. It calls for numerous sessions. Recently, advanced microdermabrasion used by serum infusion (Hydrafacial) is available at some of the centres.
7) Chemical peels can be helpful to treat moderate acne scars and post acne pigmentation. They need numerous sessions of therapy. A broad range of peels are available such as glycolic, salicylic, TCA, retinoid, lactic, combination, arginine, blue peel, yellowish peel, green peel etc.
8) Dermarollers are tiny hand held devices with really fine needles connected to them, which stimulate collagen development whenever used over the skin. This treatment requires numerous sessions and can be utilized for mild to moderate to huge pimples scars.
9) Fractional Lasers are available in 2 kinds: ablative and non – ablative. Some studies in the western globe reveal better outcomes using the ablative variety. Nevertheless, there are not many studies that are carried out on the differentiation between the two on Indian skin. Though, I do agree with the world literature. The ablative variety features 2 types – the Fractional Carbon dioxide Laser (CO2 laser) and the Fractional Erbium YAG Laser. With respect to laser therapy for acne scars, the Carbon Dioxide Laser (CO2 laser) may be utilized for much deeper acne scars and the Erbium Yag Laser for shallower acne scars. Both the carbon dioxide laser (CO2 laser) as well as the Erbium Yag lasers need numerous sessions, particularly the Erbium YAG laser as compared to the Fractional CO2 laser. Darker Indian skin kinds do pose a risk of hyperpigmentation post laser treatment. Thus, practitioner’s knowledge with lasers, correct patient selection and proper skin care post laser treatment are the secret behind acquiring desired outcomes. Though, when scarring is moderate to severe, the outcomes cannot be 100%, but they can be gratifying and enhance your skin to a great level.
10) It’s much better to seek an Best Dermatologist / Laser Skin Expert‘s advise and have your skin treated in time, instead of attempting your very own or peer recommended treatments and then seek opinion when the damage has already been done. Every individual’s skin is different and calls for a personalized treatment.
See Our Patient’s Acne treatment Before After Photos
In summary, oiling is NOT good for hair! In fact, it causes dandruff and seborrhoea which in turn causes loss of hair. Oiling your hair 30-45 minutes prior to washing your hair is a good practice. Keeping your hair oiled overnight is just NOT advisable!
Dr. Rinky Kapoor is a top/ Best dermatologist, Cosmetic Dermatologist, Laser Skin Expert Doctor, currently based in Mumbai, India. She has won many awards as the Best Dermatologist in India, Top 10 Skin Doctor in India, etc. She specializes in all skin diseases & conditions and given her training as a dermato-surgeon, provides non surgical liposuction surgery, laser lipo & lipoplasty etc for weight reduction & cellulite reduction. Dr. Rinky Kapoor is trained at the iconic National Skin Centre, Singapore and completed her Fellowship in Cosmetic Dermatology & Lasers at the world renowned Stanford University, USA.